Integrated Modeling Tool
Full life cycle modeling for:
- Business and IT systems
- Software and Systems Engineering
- Real-time and embedded development
With built-in requirements management capabilities, Enterprise Architect helps you trace high-level specifications to analysis, design, implementation, test and maintenance models using UML, SysML, BPMN and other open standards.
Build robust and maintainable systems
Enterprise Architect is a multi-user, graphical tool designed to help your teams build robust and maintainable systems. And using high quality, built-in reporting and documentation, you can deliver a truly shared vision easily and accurately!
Model and Manage Complex Information
Enterprise Architect helps individuals, groups and large organizations model and manage complex information. By integrating and connecting a wide range of structural and behavioral information in visual form, you can build a coherent, verifiable model of what-is or what-will-be.
Tools built into Enterprise Architect that help you manage complexity include:
- Diagrams for modeling strategic and business level concepts
- Domain-specific profiles and reusable model patterns
- Baseline and version management for tracking and integrating changes
- Role-based security to help the right people contribute in the right way
Model Driven Architecture
Enterprise Architect supports advanced Model Driven Architecture (MDA) transformations using easy to edit transform templates.
Platform independent to platform specific
You can quickly develop detailed solutions from abstract models. A single platform independent model (PIM) can drive generation of multiple platform-specific target solutions – providing a significant productivity boost!
With built-in transformations for:
Business Process Modeling
There are many approaches to Business Process Modeling (BPM) using UML as the base modeling language.
In particular, Activity diagrams, Object Diagrams and custom Profiles provide powerful modeling approaches for Business Analysts.
Enterprise Architect complements UML 2.5 with BPMN support and extension elements for analysis, requirements management and process management (such as change, feature and issue elements).
Enterprise Architect’s Business Process Modeling capabilities let you:
- Visualize business process with a UML profile for BPMN
- Generate executable BPEL scripts from BPMN models
- Validate the correctness of BPMN models
Capture and Trace Formal Requirements
Use impact analysis to trace proposed changes to original requirements. Build the right system.
Enterprise Architect’s built-in requirements management features can be used to:
- Define an organized, hierarchical requirements model
- Trace the implementation of system requirements to model elements
- Search and report on requirements
- Perform impact analysis of proposed changes to requirements